2013年2月19日 星期二

COMPOSITION:The best day of my life

NCCU 2010 Entrance Examination of Graduate School of Journalism
[The best day of my life] Corrected by Teacher White
政治大學 新聞研究所英文考古題 2010年作文題目練習
Teacher White(美國威斯康辛大學 英文教學研究所畢) 批改完成


The Christmas Eve 15 years ago is the most meaningful day for me, not only unforgettable, but also impressive in my life.
(Teacher Whit)That’s the most meaningful day to me, the Christmas Eve 15 years ago, when my family and I had very unusual and unforgettable times.
Above all, a happy family is something (which is) the first important which I want to seek. That day, 9 years old as I was, I had understood treasuring anytime together with my family.
 Vocabulary:
1. Meaningful (adj.) 有意義的
2. Not only… but also
不但而且
3. Unforgettable (adj.)
難以忘懷的
4. Impressive (adj.)
印象深刻的
5. unusual (adj.) 奇特的
6. seek (v.) 追尋
7.as (conj.) +S+V 雖然但是
8. treasure (v.) 珍惜
Phrase:
1. above all 尤其,最重要

That evening, my parents took my younger brother, sister and I to the church in the downtown. There were so many people coming to join this grand Christmas party. No sooner had everyone entered the church than those churchmen gave every child a mysterious and special gift. It truly made children surprised and cheered.The first program was a chorus with men and women; the choral (which) they sang was so beautiful that I feel strongly touched and this made me almost teary-eyed. The second performance was a dance (which conveyed) conveying/expressing about the aboriginal culture, performers who were dressed in traditional clothes used their bodies to dance with strength and beauty. Subsequently, there were solos and interesting dialogue, including talent variety shows.Finally, the last show was a climax, an interactive game, in which all of the present people there were hand in hand, surrounding the place and becoming a huge ring, then singing together while we were moving along the circle. So far I still cannot forget what happened that day; everyone enjoyed playing very much. It was such a wonderful day that I particularly expect the Christmas Eve every year.
 Vocabulary:
1. grand (adj.) 盛大的
2. No sooner…than
3. churchman (n)教徒
4. mysterious (adj.)神秘的
5. cheered (adj.) 感到高興
6. program (n) 節目
7. chorus (n) 合唱團 [ˋkorəs]
8. choral (n) 聖歌
9. touched (adj.) 感到感動
10. teary-eyed (adj.) 淚眼眶眶的
11. performance (n) 演出
12. Convey (v)
傳遞
13. Aboriginal culture (n)
原住民文化
14. performer (n)表演者
15. subsequently (adv.) 隨後
16. solo (n) 獨奏
17. talent variety show (n)綜藝表演
18. climax (n)高潮
19. interactive (adj.)互動的
20. present (adj.)在場的
21. along (prep.)沿著
22. such (adj.)這樣的
23. particularly (adv.) 特別
Phrase:
1. hand in hand 手牽著手
2. so far 到目前為止

Since my mother left us at my age 12, I have never attended such a Christmas party held by the church. Even so, those beautiful times when we were together, which were the happiest ones I've ever had. I will not forget that day which was the best day of my life forever.
Vocabulary:
1.happiest (adj.) happy的最高級, 最幸福的
Phrase:
1. even so 即便如此

(about 300 words)


--
Reference: A New Dictionary of Model English Compositions

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Powered By Blogger